Injectables and Fillers
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Houston Heights, Kingwood, The Woodlands and Cypress, TX
Fine lines, wrinkles, and volume loss develop because of repeated muscle contractions, natural tissue breakdown, sun damage, lifestyle choices, and harsh environments. Surgical procedures like facelift or brow lift surgery provide comprehensive treatment for these lines and wrinkles, but they are invasive and not necessarily your only option.
Injectables and fillers like BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and Restylane® offer the non-surgical relief from lines and wrinkles, restoration of facial volume, and rejuvenation of facial contours. These treatments are ideal for women and men who are starting to notice visible aging or for women looking to enhance their surgical results.
To schedule your injectables and fillers consultation with Dr. Kronowitz, contact one of our Houston-based offices by calling (713) 523-0300.
- 1 Are You a Candidate for Injectables and Fillers?
- 2 What Are the Benefits of Injectables and Fillers?
- 3 How Are Injectables and Fillers Injected?
- 4 What Injectable Treatments Are Offered at Kronowitz Plastic Surgery?
- 5 What Is My Recovery for Injectables and Fillers?
- 6 How Much Do Injectables and Fillers Cost?
- 7 What Surgical Procedures Can Be Combined With My Injectables and Fillers?
- 8 Are You Interested in Injectables and Fillers in Houston, Texas?
Are You a Candidate for Injectables and Fillers?
Women and men turn to injectable treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers when they are unhappy with the signs of aging on their face. Candidates for injectables are:
- Generally healthy
- Not allergic to any of the ingredients in the treatments
- Realistic in their expectations
- Willing to accept that repeated treatments are necessary
What Are the Benefits of Injectables and Fillers?
Injectable treatments and fillers are beneficial for women and men looking to:
- Eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of dynamic lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Fill in deep creases like nasolabial folds or marionette lines
- Restore volume to the cheeks
- Plump the lips
- Add fullness beneath the eyes (tear troughs)
- Erase the beginning stages of visible aging
Injectables and fillers treatments:
- Are non-surgical
- Do not require downtime
- Will not result in scarring
How Are Injectables and Fillers Injected?
Dr. Kronowitz administers BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and dermal fillers in-office himself. Dr. Kronowitz has an in-depth knowledge of facial anatomy and understands how injectable treatments can enhance the contour and youthfulness of the face. He commonly uses a combination of injectable treatments to target different areas of the face and various aspects of facial aging.
These treatments are administered through a very thin needle. During an injectable session, your entire face will be treated in order to maintain balance.
What Injectable Treatments Are Offered at Kronowitz Plastic Surgery?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most commonly administered non-surgical treatment available for the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. This injection is a neuromodulator, meaning that it temporarily relaxes the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkling (expression lines).
- Is FDA-approved for the reduction of crow’s feet
- Is made of purified botulinum toxin type A
- Only targets the wrinkle-producing muscles, preserving your ability for facial expressions
- May be used when smoothing:
- Crow’s feet
- Frown lines
- Forehead creases
- Skin bands on the neck
- Smile lines around the mouth
- Drooping nasal tips
- Wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement
Much like BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles by relaxing the wrinkle-causing muscles.
- Is more diluted than BOTOX® Cosmetic, allowing it to spread to a broader area
- May be used when addressing:
- Frown lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- Under-eye wrinkles
- Marionette lines
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Lip lines
- Wrinkles on your face that develop due to repeated muscle contractions
Unlike BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®, which target lines caused by repeated muscle movements, dermal fillers address the permanent lines on your face that have developed due to the aging process, sun damage, and harsh environmental conditions.
Dr. Kronowitz offers Restylane-L® and Restylane® Lyft™ to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and restore facial volume.
Restylane-L® and Restylane® Lyft™:
- Is FDA-approved
- Consists of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that attracts and binds moisture
- May be used when restoring volume to:
- Thinning lips
- Hollow cheeks
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Tear troughs
Facelift surgery is still essential for patients with moderate to severe facial aging, but some patients who display a lesser degree of aging or patients looking to postpone the need for facelift surgery may benefit from a liquid facelift.
A liquid facelift uses a combination of injectable treatments to restore a more youthful appearance.
A liquid facelift:
- Targets wrinkles and fine lines
- Softens deep creases like nasolabial folds or marionette lines
- Contours the jawline
- Improves sagging on the neck
- Adds volume to the cheeks, chin jawline, and under eyes
- Plumps the lips
What Is My Recovery for Injectables and Fillers?
There is no downtime or recovery period associated with injectable treatments. Patients may experience temporary bruising, swelling, and redness at the injection sites. These can be lessened with cold compresses and over-the-counter pain medication.
Because there may be some swelling, we suggest that patients avoid strenuous exercise or activity for 24 hours. Ignoring this recommendation may result in headaches.
When Will I See My Results from Injectables and Fillers?
It takes the body up to one week for the muscles to relax following BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® injections. Patients will see a reduced amount of fine lines and wrinkles and experience a more youthful complexion.
You will begin to notice increased fullness immediately following your dermal filler injections, and the full extent of the results will be noticeable in a few days.
The body will eventually absorb or break down these injectables, so repeated sessions are required to maintain results. BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® treatments usually last between three and four months, and dermal fillers last anywhere between six months and one year.
Injections can be safely repeated as often as necessary.
How Much Do Injectables and Fillers Cost?
Injectable treatments are priced per unit, and the total cost of your treatment will vary depending on the extent of correction needed and the size of the treatment areas.
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections start at $350 per treatment and dermal fillers start at $750 per treatment.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the average cost for a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is $400, and the average cost of a dermal filler syringe ranges between $500 and $900.
Dr. Kronowitz will provide you with an accurate cost estimate during your consultation. This cost will include the injectable type, the volume of that injectable, and any other cosmetic treatment that may be performed in combination.
What Surgical Procedures Can Be Combined With My Injectables and Fillers?
Injectable treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® may be combined with dermal fillers to target different areas of the face, or they can be used following facelift surgery or brow lift surgery to enhance the quality of the surgical results.
If your non-surgical injectable treatment is being used following a surgical procedure, the patient must have fully healed from that surgery. Surgical and non-surgical procedures can never be performed simultaneously.
Are You Interested in Injectables and Fillers in Houston, Texas?
If you are interested in learning more about injectable treatments or dermal fillers or to set up a consultation with Dr. Kronowitz, please call us at (713) 523-0300 or fill out our online contact form.